Privacy Notice Cumnor Clinic
What a Privacy Notice Is
Under data protection you, as a patient of Cumnor Clinic, have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner we are providing you with this privacy notice.
Who We Are
We are Cumnor Clinic, The Old school, 7a High Street, Cumnor, Oxford OX2 9PE, telephone 01865 863646, email email@example.com. Dawn Akers is the Data Controller. As we record and use sensitive data we take the protection of this data very seriously. If you have any matters regarding your personal data that we process, we can be contacted on the above contact details.
Personal Data and What We Do with It
Personal data is information relating to an identifiable person.
We record and use the following categories, which may include: name, address, telephone numbers, email address, health and social data, information from other health professional, details of treatment and care and investigation results.
We use your personal data to provide you with the most appropriate healthcare; to keep records of communication with you, to remind you of appointments and to comply with legal obligation.
We do not use your personal data to advertise or for marketing purposes. We never send out newsletters.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We would only share your personal data with your explicit consent, where, for example we need to contact another healthcare professional to ensure that you are provided with the best possible care.
Retaining Your Personal Data
Whilst you are receiving treatment from Cumnor Clinic we will continue to store and use your personal data. This data may be recorded on paper (record cards) and electronically, and we have policies are in place to keep your personal data confidential and secure.
Your personal data will only be retained for 8 years after your last treatment, or up to the age of 25 years if your last treatment was as a child (or 26 years if you were 17 at your last treatment). I do this to comply with regulatory requirements.
If you only make an enquiry, but do not become a patient, we will delete all data after one month.
Your Rights Under Data Protection Law
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing.
• You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to the data controller, whose details are shown above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require.
• If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
• If you believe we should erase your data, please contact the data controller whose details are shown above. Please remember we are required to keep your data for 8 years after your last treatment.
• If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact the data controller whose details are shown above.
• Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw that consent.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms we will contact you without delay, explaining the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should you wish to complain
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which enforces data protection law, via their website: www.ico.org.uk.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.
How We Acquired Your Data
Your personal data has been collected directly from you from information given to the practitioner and/or via information you gave on the new patient questionnaire form.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in law or privacy practices.